Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Then I met a Young Afghanie!

A good looking young man approached me and asked directions to a seaside property where marriages are held. We got talking and it turned out he was from Croydon. I mentioned how I went there many moons ago and there were trams. He said they still are. I said where are you from originally or were you born here. He said hesitatingly, a definite pause, Afghanistan. I said that's a good place to be from. He said no,it's not a good place. I said I meant to be from emphasising the word and I think he got my drift. Who would not want to be moving from there?

That was it really. He just seemed decent. Polite,well mannered. What point am I trying to make? Look I don't meet muslims that often. I live in a sleepy seaside backwater. The last time I spoke to one was in our Indian takeaway and she was telling me about her here meat products are subject to the Halal method. I could care less. Animals don't have rights as far as I am concerned. Kill em how you want man. I will believe they have rights when anyone can show me a treatise on individual rights and liberty written by an animal. A Lockean baboon, a Randian chimpanzee.Till then,sorry to the gas ovens with them.

When a nasty (white) neighbour told this nice muslim woman to not park her car outside her house -leaving a note on the car to that effect saying 'park it outside your Indian takeaway' and she called the police on this woman I was on her side. It was intimidating and definitely had racist overtones.

So, what am I trying to say? Yaron Brook is probably right: most muslims don't want to blow you up. He has lived among them. Just cos I saw a muslim old woman walking past with a headscarf on does not mean she wants or means to blow me up. Let them live here -in peace. And please let them speak up loud and clear like that admirable Labour Mp did: Not in Our Name. (Thatisall).

No comments: