Monday, August 27, 2018

I Smell a Rat re the Rhingaz Story (lots of them)

(I must preface my remarks by saying the following is conjecture and hunch on my part, nothing more, and should not be taken as factual in any way, just what I feel may be going down -my suspicions, unsubstantiated - mere speculation on my part).


What's going on in Burma or  the politically correct new name for it Myanmar? The BBC is on its moral hind legs bleating and breast beating about the latest UN report which has the word Genocide in it and the 1pm news on R4 devoted a large part of the prog to crying copious tears of outrage over the story in one of the most tendentious peices I have heard for a long time.

I am very suspicious at this point I have to say. It has been silent on Venzuela and the unfolding tragedy there and has only covered it in the last week becuse it was unavoidable and was headlines all over the world so the BBC is extremely selective in it what it chooses to direct its moral outrage towards. The fact that the putative victims are muslims cannot be overlooked I am afraid.

The Venezuelan coverage is neutral, no finger wagging, no condemnation, a case of move along, nothing to see.

I have to say something doesn't smell right about this Rhinga story. We know there has been a growing Islamist movement in Burma but the Bbc has given this no coverage at all. Perhaps the Burmes look around the world at the horror and disaster wherever muslims move and settl and decided they were not going to let that happen in their country?

San sho She or whatever her name is used to be the darling of the Left and the BBC until she got tough on the muslims in her country now she is enemy number one and Bob Geldolf that paragon of virtue himself handed back the keys of Ireland in protest at her supposed moral breach. That'l teach her! Ouch must have hurt!

No I am of the persuasion that Burma is acting in self preservation and maybe we could do with a bit of ruthlessness they are displaying to the muslims here in the West and we might not be in the awful mess we are in now.

If I am out of order in my comments and misinformed please feel free to correct me and I will make the appropriate retraction.





No comments: