Friday, March 11, 2016

Money for Rope

Cultist Roy Masters used to excoriate the Plain Truth magazine for the way it suckered its readers into supporting its organization but Masters was quite happy to go on air panhandling on a daily basis for the Fhu and Frank Cain tells the story of how funds were getting desperately low and Masters resorted to extra manipulative guilt mongering in order to get more donations and in a week's time the coffers were overflowing and he said to Frank, 'see,that's how you do it'.

Of course most radio programmes rely on advertising but no business in its right mind would sponsor Master's drivel so he had to fund it himself through daily begging and his programmes along with his turgidly unreadable books were effectively vanity publishings and broadcastings. Still he would have been more honourably employed as a rat catcher and would have done far less harm than he has in his 50 career of evil.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree that parts of RM's books escape my understanding, but the parts that I do understand make the reading worthwhile. I suspect that what appear as unsupported conclusions might reflect insights that are difficult to explain, (if an explanation could be articulated), and are perhaps only presented to validate that a fellow traveler is on the same path. My attitude likely differs from yours in that I value much, perhaps most, of what RM communicates, so I'm inclined to suspend judgment on the rest. I see much as hooks to catch people who react emotionally, those who might benefit from his products, and he necessarily relies on others to support his ministry.

If you cite a few examples, then I'll review them and offer an opinion. What do you find "turgidly unreadable"?