Sunday, September 09, 2012

Paralympics Unintended Legacy

Proud as I am that I have not watched a single olympics event or paralympic either because I am opposed to State tax funded sport I have to say that the paras have served to expose the myth of disability which should have profound implications for the whole notion of welfare disability programmes.Now that it has been demonstrated so graphically just what disabled people can achieve the very argument that they should be patronised with welfare has been blown out of the water.They are just as much capable of doing some sort of job as able bodied people.

This not inconsiderable inference is what I and I hope the powers that be will take away from the events of the last few weeks which otherwise have induced in me at least ennui and irritation in equal measure at all the hype that has surrounded them.

No comments: