Saturday, October 30, 2010

BBC Watch

I am going to try and monitor and report back over the next few months on my BBC listening to document Left wing bias where I observe it.To build up a sort of dosier as it were.To start the process I will refer to a comment by Justin Webb whom I lothe with a viscerality that is is frankly verging on the unhealthy.In fact this whole excercise may just be a reflection of my latent masochism.For a sort of Tory/Capitalist having to listen to the BBC period is an exquisite form of torture but someone has to do it gentle readers and I have elected to suffer as it were on your behalf - so you don't have to.Bear with me.With nose firmly held I shall proceed.

Today on a discussion about funding of the arts by philanthropists, Justin Webb referred pejoratively(believe me, I have an acute antennae for this sort of thing) to 'Big Money'.Has he ever made pejorative reference to 'Big Governement'?Has he ever.Is it not odd incidentally to reflect on the attitude of those who think the Arts should be funded by the State in that they are effectively saying that unless people are forced to support the Arts by the compulsory extraction of taxes the Arts would perish?What a profound lack of confidence in the Arts this implies.Or is it that they see the State as a tool in their cultural war,funding their thinly disguised propaganda masquerading as Art? I think both.

I think we need a Conservative journalist like Andrew Neil on the Today panel to get a little balance.Perhaps I should start a campaign?

You will notice that on the BBC the Left are always given twice as much time to put their case.They will even take up the time of their Conservative opposite number,interrupting,talking over them and of course the host will allow this trespass as he or she is coming from the same liberal left position.The host will almost always let the liberal guest have the last word.

Finally, the Today programme would not be complete without a performance by their own liberal darling Sham Liberty Chuckyourbalti prissily defending in faux moral terms the rights of would-be terrorists to go about their business of blowing us all up unmolested by the securtiy services.This apologist for all things terrorist and the free pass she gets from the BBC makes my gorge rise and is probably inimical to my blood pressure but, - all in the course of duty!

No comments: