Saturday, April 28, 2007

Earthquake or Nuclear Attack?

8.15 approx. My cupboard rattled and shook, the door almost opening. A sort of extra terrestrial shuddering that lasted for about 5 to 10 seconds. Thought it was a truck going by the road which sometiomes elicts a similar result but nothing like on this scale. Humphries on Today said there were reports of a minor tremor or quake just before signing off at 9.

Weirder still I woke up and the first thought I had was one morning I will turn on the radio and they will be talking of a nuclear attack in London. An hour later the shudder. My hand to God (as Woody Allen says in Broadway and Danny Rose.)

With only four hours sleep I have to admit it kinda shook me up slightly. Like Captain Spock I would like to apologise for that minor er, Fault.

1 comment:

constant drama said...

Must have been very scary for you.

About two years back there was a huge eartquake in Sumatera, Indonesia and the tremors could be felt all the way to Malaysia where I live.

It wasn't the actual earthquake , just the tremors but it was still scary. So i totally see where you're coming from.