Saturday, January 20, 2007

Faith Healing?

Another blogger has cheekily suggested that aetheist get preferential treatment on the NHS becuase not believing or anticipating a afterlife this present life is all they will be getting and so they deserve the best here and now. Their religious counterparts will get their reward in paradise.

I responded by pointing out that the aetheists probably get the lion 's share of NHS treatment already as being Godless, faithless and wordly they will be more subject to worldy diseases. Just consider. The believer is far less likely to need NHS services for alcohol, nicotine or drug related ailments.

If he truly understands his religion he will be less prone to anger and violence thus avoiding its attendant injuries. He will not have high blood pressure, suffer diabetes, strokes, heart attacks. Opportunistic stress related disease like cancer will be far less likely. Being more conscious the believer is less likely to have accidents car related or otherwise. Being of sunnier hoepful disposition depression will not be so probable, or mental illness. Not being pervert sodomites believers will not require expensive drugs to keep their well earned HIV Aids at bay. Nor will they have abortions .

In short the NHS is for the walking wounded, the aetheists sick in mind and spirit. Let them pay for it.

Note\Disclaimer.I wrote the above 5 years ago and frankly don't believe a word of it now!

4 comments:

Sky Captain said...

Don't forget all our sexual illnesses too.

niconoclast said...

I did mean to add that one pietr but couldn't be bothered to return to the post. Thanks for doing so. The post may sound judgemental but it wasn't meant that way. It's just a fact that the Godless will more likely be prone to dependence on drugs to cure their unhappiness and all the other abovementioned syndromes. I am sure they will also resort to the black arts of psychology as well which is a secular religion to many. Freud did seek to supplant religion with psychology and I think he was a total fraud really...

Sky Captain said...

No problem at all, Nic.
As an atheist I have to say that an old Catholic pal has come calling and he is dragging me off into church at six(local).
Just to be sociable you understand.
As for sexual diseases, I have to say that I'm not too much troubled.The willing is there, but my mortal conscience reminds me of women from my past whom I truly love, and casual sex is like, yeah, whatever, nice work if you can be bothered, but I've tried to shake off my feelings with true beauties and if it didn't work then it won't work now.

niconoclast said...

I was forced into RC church till I rebelled at 14 and have never been back except for funerals. What phoniness. It was there I learned the true meaning of ennui. Now I would just see it as an aesthetic experience and through some maturity I could probably extract some deeper meaning from it but no thanks to them with their hypnotic like responses, incense and shallow formalism. One priest used to come on the altar drunk (his altar ego?) and miss large chunks out of the service. Good. We could go home early! The nuns at school were rather cruel and spiteful. Perhaps it was all a demonic plot to drive us away from the very thing that should bring us to the truth? There is a lot of alcoholism in catholics. They go to mass and then make for the pub. The wrong spirit.... I could go on I won't go on.