Monday, February 12, 2007

Stuff The Taxman (Taxidummy)

OK. I never got round to filling in my tax return. They won't bother me, a minnow. Should get a letter soon telling me I owe them £100 for being late, plus a percentage if I continue not to file . Yes but they won't pursue lil' ol' me. I'm safe. Ain't I? Prisons are full. Be a one man tax revolt. How comes everyone is taxed to death and some old aged pensioner sticks her neck out and refuses to pay and goes to jail? Where's everyone else? Then someone bails her out (probably Gordon).

The politicians have got us sussed. We are State Junkies. We know it is killing us but we go back for more. Gordon says jump, tax, and we say how high? We love that which enslaves us. Haven't got time now to explain the psychodynamics but it is sick man. Real sick. Our trumpeted tolerance is really weakness disguised as a virtue. We just can't say no. Our servants have become our masters....

What kind of person would be a tax collector? They went on strike on the 31st. That is the first industrial action I have ever supported!

4 comments:

Bret Reid said...

As you know, a few years ago they clobbered me for 3 years tax after two stints at the double glazing, costing me a toal of £2500. I must admit they were very lenient and they waived the 3 £100 penalties and the surtax except £108, and I had 6% interest on top, so it was worth the risk of not paying. However, I now pay on time and I sleep better. After all, Paul told us to pay our taxes for the sake of our conscience, and he was right. And didn't you say you had problems sleeping, niconoclast?

niconoclast said...

That implies tax is legitimate. I of course don't concur. Sleep deficit is from thinking too much. Pity I have nothing to show for it....

Raw Carrot said...

Taxidummy - love it.

Have you seen the jolly good videos on YouTube (also available via Burning Our Money):

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WatTyler

niconoclast said...

He is brilliant hence his inclusion on my humble blogroll if that is the term. Only august personages are included!