Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hiway Niconoclast Revisited: A Self Critique

Looking back in languor at my blog over time I have to admit the tone has seemed implacably rancourous and splenetic with some of the views expressed not those I frankly share now.The writing is overwrought and verbose so in both style and content there is much I would now edit away or radically prune and excise but then it is the raw material of what was felt at the time so why indulge in palimpestic revisionism but rather see it as a sort of journey towards the light with lots of faltering steps,excursions into blind alleys and downright erroneous assumptions in liberal proportions before the destination of truth is arrived at or approximations therof.Let my critics if there be any point to past errors and point out my extravagancies hyperbolic licences and seeming inconsistencies and dwell in the past if they so choose.I shall leave all my glaring errors to the judgemnt of posteriority and embrace the now and the battle for clarity of expression and meaning. Forgive this self indulgent regardant essay as it is probably more me thinking out loud than for any general reader but if anyone is still following at this point I can assure you this will be the last self regarding post you will get from me...

No comments: