Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Time To Flag Down Ersatz Patriotism

The display of the english flag from cars is actually inducing nausea in me right now. Steer clear of anyone driving a vehicle with such a display of phoney football patriotism. They have probably got a criminal record or are in a stolen vehicle.

I am actually hoping 'England' - full of foreign players of course- is knocked out immediately to end this sickening spectacle of couch potato patriotism.

For all the right reasons to wave a flag football is the one that is chosen, which is beyond sad, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm torn on this one. Of course we should all be allowed to fly our national flag if we so wish, but I agree there is something pathetic seeing the flag flying from cars at the moment, just as one cannot take seriously middle age men with beer guts walking around town wearing a football shirt, or heavily pierced and tatooed individuals proclaiming to the world at large, "Look at me, I'm stupid, I frighten people with my appearance, and I've made myself almost unemployable".


OK, I'll admit it, I'm a snob, but I can't help thinking about these people in this way.

Sky Captain said...

Good post.I'm actually showing my support by wearing an 'Ingsoc' tee-shirt.
As for John's comment, I really don't give a damn what people appear as;the real problem is the 'people' who do give a damn and commit psychological violence to make them conform.

niconoclast said...

sore.Your blog is fascinating although sometimes a trifle abstruse and overly convoluted.Keen and novel insights though.