Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Lies, Damned lies and Blog Stats

My blogstats state that in the last 24 hours I have had 19 thousand hits or visitors from the US and that in the last 7 days it is 80 thousand from the US. Bearing in mind that I have only ever had 100 per week I am of course not taking such stats seriously at all. Of course it would be nice were it accurate but I cannot see how it can go from 100 to 18,000 Lol.

Apart from anything else the law of averages would dictate that were such a volume of people viewing this site at least some would have left a comment but as my comment box is empty again I am skeptical.

Someone said it could be the Ruskies as I am unkind to them but although true what would be gained by bigging up my lamentable stats?

Could it be automated bots if that's what they call them? Blank-out.

Could it be the internet company wanting to give me a little bit of encouragement languishing as I do in the cyber wastes of the Great Unread? That would be sweet but I just dunno and I guess if I have  attained such a huge readership practically overnight and anyone is reading this someone or 2 can leave a comment  but in the absence of anyone doing that I will remain a Blogstat skeptic.

No comments: